What I Read
From time to time, as I coach teams I have been asked for good books on Agile. I have read each of the following books and they have helped me work in agile and with people in general. I hope you find them useful too.
- Coaching Agile Teams - I have read this book multiple times. It helps you get in the correct mindset as you learn to be a servant leader.
- The Phoenix Project - This is a story about a company that must be saved. Excellent narrative about how to use DevOps and Agile.
- DevOps Handbook - This is a companion to the Phoenix Project. It describes how to implement the example described in the Phoenix Project.
- Joy Inc - Menlo Innovations is a consulting firm that uses agile to deliver software solutions. They use a very interesting approach.
- The Lean Startup - Eric Ries started a movement with his approach to software delivery.
- Essential Scrum - Excellent particle guide to scrum.
- Managing Humans - Excellent and irreverent view of how to work with the different types of IT professionals.
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Like The Phoenix Project, this takes for form of a novel and discusses the typical human dysfunctions on a very informative way.