Over time, I have come across information that I find very useful. In this section, I publish links to Websites, Videos and Books that motivated me to change the way I work. I hope you will find them as useful as I do.
- Coaching Agile Teams - This excellent book written by Lyssa Adkins helps one become a better agile coach and leader. You will learn tangible techniques and skills that will change the way you work with people. I have read it more then once. Please read Lisa's Blog here.
- Agile Estimating and Planning - This book written by Mike Cohn provides real world and pragmatic views on estimating software and planning releases. Please read Mike's blog here.
- Agile Software Requirements - This excellent book covers much more that the title conveys. It is the precursor to the Scaled Agile Framework. It discusses how agile can be used to manage intake, and schedule release in large enterprises. It also does an excellent job covering requirements, estimating and release planning.
Websites & Links
- Agile Alliance Subway Map - This is a clickable subway map that presents the major topics of agile. You will find it creative and useful.
- Scaled Agile Framework - This is an enterprise agile framework from the Portfolio to the Program and, finally, into the individual Project. What I find very interesting is it gates acceptance into a "Program" using Kanban.
- Mountain Goat Software - This excellent website by Mike Cohn provides is an excellent resource for Scrum and Agile in general.
- Agile Coaching Values - very good article about coaching and how to do it well.
- SAFe - Good but Not Good Enough - Excellent article by Ron Jeffries on SAFe. It looks a bit critical, and it is but there is good advice in here too.
- Good Developer - Bad Developer - excellent blog post about important development skills.
- Scrum in Under 10 Minutes - This video was developed by a tools vendor. Even though the product is mentioned as part of the video, it provides one of the best introductions on Scrum I have seen.
- Product Ownership in a Nutshell - This video discusses the agile process from the perspective of the product owner. It also covers release management and managing expectations. It is done in a very entertaining and creative manner.
- Interactive Scrum Training - Collabnet has excellent interactive training on Scrum. Check it out.
- Microsoft Team Room - this is a very cool video that gives a tour of the agile team room Microsoft uses for its Patterns and Practices group.
This section contains articles that I have written that have been published.